Do you find yourself grinding your teeth at night? Dr. Piero may recommend a night guard for teeth grinding to protect your teeth and jaw. At our office, we also offer bite splints for TMJ disorders and headaches. To learn more and to schedule a visit with the best dentist in Michigan, contact us today.
Teeth grinding and clenching during sleep, known as bruxism, can be addressed with a personalized mouth guard. If our dentist suspects that you suffer from bruxism, our specialists can quickly and painlessly have you fitted for a night guard to protect your teeth from damage. Because bruxism occurs during sleep, may patients may be unaware of the condition until it is brought to their attention by a dentist or partner. If you are concerned about bruxism, some common signs to be aware of include:
- Chronic jaw, facial, or ear pain
- Tightness or straining in the jaw upon awakening
- Chronic or frequent migraines and tension headaches
- Excessive tooth wear, including chipped, flattened or cracked teeth
- Extremely worn tooth enamel, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
- Increased tooth sensitivity
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
If you notice any of these signs or symptoms, you may benefit from one of our custom night guards. Our guards a carefully molded to your specific needs, encouraging more relaxing sleep and overall health. We invite you to contact us today to learn more about night guards and how we can protect your smile and help you sleep soundly.